Monday, October 5, 2009

Celebrating Samhain



Greetings Everyone!

As promised here are a few photos of my Ancestral Altar. It's one of the many things I am doing this month to connect with the season.

KOTH has a very detailed list of things that we can do to celebrate this Sabbat. I will be sharing a few of them here as well.

So far this month, I have began to create my Ancestral Altar. I am also continuing the research of my family tree and that of my husband's. I am actually more sucessful with his side of the family as a chance encounter at the cemetary has led to information dating all the way back to the Mayflower! Many thanks again to the Decker family that was generous to share their research with me.

One of the things I will be trying to master is gravestone rubbings. It seems that the cemetary that my hubby's grandparents are buried in is the original family farm dating back a number of generations. Every person in that cemetary with the same last name is his kin. So I have gotten a huge jumpstart on the family history.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails