Thursday, October 1, 2009

Gearing Up for Samhain

It's Oct 1st! Yippie, Samhain is almost upon us. Its my "busy" time of year. I have started putting together my Ancestral Altar, and hope to have a photo up soon. Every year during this time, I am preparing our home for the upcoming winter. My posts may become sporatic. I am still adjusting to becoming a stay at home mom mentally. LOL

One of the things I have started is a Food Price Book. After only a few weeks, I am already seeing a trend of the sales from the two grocery stores I use the most. This will help me pay the least amount of money for the products I use the most. One of my goals for the next year is to save us as much money as possible. I will let you know how it goes.

I have gotten a few requests for my yearly Samhain Supper Menu. I am currently planning it. This year it will be different as it will not be Gumbo as I have made in the years past. The "Cajun Cauldron" will be brewing up something new this year. I am hoping to surprise everyone. I have had a lot more cooking time since I have been off. Also with Uncle Jack's recent visit, he let me in on a few of his secrets to making great salad dressings and marinades. One of the things I have been trying to do is get us to eat less red meat with the exception of venison.

Well that is all for now. I got to go catch a few zzzz's.

I hope everyone has a sensational Samhain!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails