Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Weightloss Update

This past month has been really difficult for me.  I had a really bad Lupus flare which resulted in me being in bed for about two weeks with pain that we could not figure out what the cause.  Two ultrasounds and one CAT scan later, everything internally looks ok or what is "normal" for me so the docs are putting it to being apart of my Lupus flare.  My face still has not recovered yet and the butterfly rash is still flying on my face. 

Even though I had not been feeling the greatest, I was able to accomplish one of my weight loss goals for 2012.  Since January, I have been trying to lose weight and increase my walking abilities.  My primary goal was to walk in the The Crim Festival of Races which takes place every August in Flint, Michigan.  I am happy to say that I accomplished that goal this year.  While I only did the 5K, my goal is to increase it every year.  So next year I will either walk in the 5K again and try to improve on my time or extend the walk to the next 8K if I am able to find a better solution to my sun troubles.  With many of the medications I take at the present time, I am very photosensitive and blister in the sun after just a few minutes of direct exposure.

While walking in the race, I noticed I kept turning my head to see if anyone was behind me.  My biggest fear was that I would be the last one to cross the finish line.  Also I was desperately afraid of being lost along the race route by not being able to keep up with the other walkers. I am very happy to report my results.  Not only was I NOT the last person to complete the race, but for the first time I competed, I placed in the top third of the overall contestants!


#631 of 2143 people
#483 of 1394 women
#28 in my age group of women (I was in the middle of the pack)
Time 1:03:02


For a few days I actually hit the 240's and I was quite excited.  However with eating out a lot this past week, I am back in the 250's.  Soon, I will be going to the grocery store and getting ready to do a 21 day detox thanks to the help of Crazy, Sexy, Diet by Kris Carr.  I did this in the past when I was getting ready to go 90% raw and it helped me out a lot to feeling better.  I have noticed that I feel better the more "raw" I eat.  So I am thinking of going back to a heavy intake of fruit and vegetables.  I will never be Vegetarian again, I love to eat meat and dairy way too much.  But I can limit the amount I eat and live a healthier lifestyle. 


Every Wednesday, I will attempt to give an update on my weight loss journey.  I am still no way brave enough to show my "Before" pictures.  I am just not ready for them to be on the internet just yet without being supported by the "After" photos when I am going to look good. LOL

Hope you are having a Wicked Wednesday!  In a good way of course!

Blessed Be,
Crystal T.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails