Friday, August 3, 2012

Personal Insight - Who I am

A very long time ago, I seen somewhere on a website that there was an interview of a priestess to provide some personal information about her in order for her new students to get to know her.  I decided to do something similar answering many of the same questions she answered.  This will give you a little insight as to who I am.  Thank you for reading.


Do you have a magical name?
Yes, I have a magical name.  I actually have two.  The first one I use publically and the other is a personal name that only the Gods and I know.   

Does it have a special meaning?
Oh yes they both do.  However the name I currently use as my public name is also part of my birth name.  I have had many craft names in the past, and the one that has lasted the longest is Crystal LunaRouge.  Crystal is my birth name given to me by my mother and Luna Rouge was actually my public name.  However, by the time I started to use a public name, many people already knew me as Crystal and had a hard time referring to me as Luna.  In my personal path, I believe that women are at their strongest magically whenever they are on their menstrual cycle.  So Luna and Rouge are two words that mean “Moon Red”.  The red moon is my personal symbol of power.  After two years being attempted to be called Luna, I simply changed it and merged my craft name to become my new “last name” and go by my birth name of Crystal. 

How did you find Wicca/Paganism?
My earliest memories in which there was something else out there is actually influenced by Hollywood.  There was the movie “Clash of the Titans” and more so influenced by a show called “Robin of Sherwood” where I first heard and seen the Horned One, Herne. 

How long have you been practicing?
Over one quarter of a century…over 25 years.

Solitary or group practitioner?
I work both as a solitary and I am also a member of a coven and two other organizations.  I am a coven sister within the Coven “Women of the Willow” and I am also a Priestess for both Keepers of the Hearth (aka KOTH where I am the HPS for Michigan) and also The Sacred Birch Society (aka SBS in which I am a part of their Clergy Members).

What is your path?
My path is a mixture of a variety of things.  If I have to classify it, I would use the example of a good Jambalaya.  It is comprised of spicy and sweet, along with light and dark.  I am influenced by both the masculine and the feminine.  Both elements complete and balance one another.  I am influenced by the writings of Gardner and that of Wicca but I do not consider myself Wiccan any longer.  I am a Witch.  I believe in a circle of life and that ALL things have a life force.  This includes both animal and plant.  My path is always continuing.  I am always striving to further my education and knowledge within the Craft. 



Are you out of the broom closet?
Yes. 


Gods/Goddess

Who are your patron Gods?
Herne and Zeus

Who are your patron Goddesses? 
For a number of years both Artemis and Kuan Yin have been a strong force within my life and now I sense Hera is making herself known to me. 





Do you fear dark aspects of the Gods/Goddess, or rather, respect them?
I do not fear the dark.  I embrace them as they are as much a part of me as that of the light. 


Do you ever worship animals?
No, but I do respect their life and what we can learn from them.  I am a vegetarian for medical reasons only, but give thanks to all life and their lifeforces for nourishing my life and that of my family.

Or plants?
I do not worship plants but I do choose an “Ally” to learn about every single year to learn its many qualities both magical and mundane.  I am thankful for their lifeforce they provide to nourish my body equally as much as animals.  I feel the two provide a balance among life just as the light with dark and masculine with the feminine.


Nature

Do you regularly commune with nature?
I try to on a daily basis. It is a bit more difficult with me to do during the day since I am allergic to the sun, so I prefer to go out more so at night.

Ever walked barefoot in the woods?
Yes, but suggest shoes if you do not know the area well. 

Taken a camping trip just to talk to nature?
Yes as much as my schedule allows.  It also does not have to be a long trip from my home, it even happens within my own back yard.

Describe the moment you felt closest to Mother Earth?
That would have to be whenever I was camping and white water rafting with my sister-in-law.  We camped at a place that was simply spectacular near a cliff side with the smoke and mountains.  Waking to that view every morning and hearing the woods come alive was beautiful and magical.  You could hear the various birds and animals in the woods, feel the cool breeze upon your cheek, smell the smoldering cinders from our fire the previous evening, and hear the roaring of the Youghigany waters running wild.  It was beautiful!


What is/are your power animal(s)?
Owl and Bison.

Do you have a familiar?
We did a few years ago.  It was an orange domestic short hair.  His name was Trouble.  I have not yet had the heart to replace him quite yet.  He still speaks to both my oldest son and myself from the Summerland. 

What is your favorite flower to work with?
Magnolias but I need to make a trip to my home state to gather more.  I miss Louisiana my home state.

What is your favorite tree to work with?
The Willow. :)


Wheel of the Year

What are your favorite holidays?
Samhain and Beltane.

What if your least favorite holiday?
I don't really have a least favorite.

Have you ever held a ritual on a holiday?
Yup yup.

Ever taken a day off work to celebrate a pagan holiday?
Being a full time SAHM (Stay at Home Mom) provides me the benefit of having a flexible schedule.  However my medical issues sometimes keeps me from celebrating at all because I am in bed resting.

Do you celebrate Yule on the 21 rather than the 25?
Yes, I celebrate Christmas with my family on the 25th, so I have my own rituals on the 21st.

Have you ever felt the Veil thin?
Yes.

Ever danced the Maypole?
Yes.

How do you usually celebrate the pagan holidays?
Depends on my needs at that particular point.

Divination

Do you use Tarot?
I don’t use it as much as my friends do, but I do on occasion.  I prefer to have my cards read than provide the reading itself.  Earlier this year I purchased the Coventry Magic Oracle Cards by Jacki Smith, I love them!

Do you use runes?
Over the past decade I have been gifted with more than one set from different people.  Guess it is about time I settle down and learn how to use them. 

Do you use a pendulum?
Yes.

Do you use dowsing rods?
I have in the past but no longer own rods.

Do you use astrology?
Yes it helps me understand not only myself but the personalities of others. 

Any other form of divination?
I read tea leaves, Cereomancy, and also Oneiromancy


Spells

What was the first spell you did?
Love most likely, it was oh so long ago.

What was the latest?
Healing.

Ever done a love spell?
Oh yes.

A job spell?
Yes for employment or business opportunity.

A healing spell?
Yes quite often. 

What was the most powerful spell you've ever performed?
My prosperity spell has been working well and has provided a good yield this year.



Random

Do you see a rabbit, a man or a woman in the moon?
A Rabbit.

Own a cat?
I have in the past.

When you meditate what does your sacred/safe place look like?
I wish I could say under a huge willow or oak tree in the woods, but I live in suburbia.  So it is either outside on my deck during sunset, on the side of my bed using my nightstand as the altar, or with the shower using the falling water as a tool of visualizing the negativity going down the drain.  My most used is that of my stove.  I like to meditate when I first wake up in the morning and meditate while brewing a cup of tea or warming up last night’s herbal infusion.  I am a mom, so my time to meditate are short and sweet.  I take them whenever the opportunities provide themselves.

Do you work with Chakras?
Yes.

Do you believe in soul mates?
Yes.

Ever met one?
Yes, we have been married for over a decade.
Do you have a Spirit guide?
Yes.

Is it always love and light?
Oh no.  A person can decide to only pay attention to only love and light, but everything needs balance.  You cannot have dark without light. There has to be balance.  Without being seen as a reference to a popular book right now (which I have not read) life is various shades of grey or silver if you choose to see the sparkles as well. LOL.

Sincerely,
Crystal T.
Photo by Amethyst Cat, Michigan Renaissance Fair 2002

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails