Monday, July 16, 2012

Bay Leaf Cafe - Spearfish, South Dakota

Howdy All,

You might have noticed that my blog has been quiet.  It's because I have been preparing and now completed a trip out West with some of my favorite ladies (Katherine and Dawn). 

During our trip my eating habits were not the greatest...after all I was on vacation.  One of the culinary gems on our trip was that in Spearfish, SD at a small cafe in the downtown area.  It was Vegetarian friendly.  I really enjoyed the food here and wanted to post a short blog about my experience.

The name of the cafe is called the Bay Leaf Cafe.  If you click their name it will take you to their website.  We luckily were able to make it in time to get there for lunch.  I say "in time" because the city was shutting Main Street down to prepare for their "First Fridays" party.  Upon first sight, I did not think it would be a big establishment with such a small storefront.  However, when you walk through their doors, think of the shape of a shoe box, its long but narrow in width.  The walls are filled with art from local artists which entice the patron's eye, while the smells of the place make your tummy grumble even more with hunger. 

I ate the Portabello Sandwich.  It was very good and juicy.  It was a grilled Porta on a bun with Gorganzola Cheese and a side of sweet potato fries.  They also serve a wide array of coffees and liquors as well.  The table's centerpiece was that of a shiny bottle of Sun Wine.  They had pretty colors of blue cobalt, bright sunny yellows, and ruby reds.  I could have bought the wine just for the bottles alone they were so pretty.  One thing I regretted not trying out was their poppyseed bread.  My friends were trying to keep the carbs on the down low, so I did not want to tempt their tummies by adding a big loaf of bread to the table.  I also wish I took a photo of my food, it was just so pretty a presentation!  My stomach took over before my brain could and I inhaled my food.  It was gone before I even thought about taking a photo! 

If I am ever in the area again, I would definitely suggest stopping by there to eat.  Next time I would like to go for dinner.  There was a piano in one of the corners of the building and I think at night they might offer live entertainment. 

Anyways, again, I would highly recommend this restaurant for any Vegetarian, Vegan, or to the traveler that finds themselves in Spearfish, SD in need of a restauarant that can accomodate both the Vegan or Hardcore Carnivore (as they have Elk, Buffalo, and many more options) as well.

Thank you Bay Leaf Cafe for providing me with a wonderful and memorable meal!

Blessed Be,
Crystal T.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails