Monday, August 29, 2011

Your Nourished Body - Class on Raw Italian

This past Saturday, I attended another Raw Food Class.  This one was presented by Deb Klungle.  This was a very interesting and informational class.  I knew I was in for a treat whenever I seen all the chairs that Whole Foods set up for and also put a divider between the regular dining area and the Lifestyle Center to separate the class from the "outside" world.  This was my first time seeing the divider put up as my past classes I attended were low in attendance.  (Not taking away from the other teachers because both Cindy and Beth were absolutely wonderful and I am actually hoping that either Beth or Deb will be able to counsel me should I be able to afford it!!!)  However, because of the large attendance, it is definitely a validation to Deb's knowledge, personality, and passion for Raw Food that I think her class was extremely popular!

This is the description from Deb's website on the class I attended:

RAW FOODS FOR REGULAR PEOPLE: LA CUCINA ITALIANA
Saturday, 8/27/2011, 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m., $10
Whole Foods Market - Rochester Hills
Who does not LOVE Italian food? That big, heavy pasta dinner takes so long to digest though & puts you right into a food coma. Join Deb & see how to prepare Italian dishes that won't weigh you down & actually energize you for that Bocce tournament! But how do you serve traditional Italian food without processed pasta made from grain flour? Well, there are a number of delicious options for a raw diet & you'll get to taste a few of them. In this class, you'll learn to make capellini pomodoro as well as a creamy Alfredo sauce. And to help cool off in the August heat, we will whip up a batch of strawberry gelato as a classic finish to your Italian meal.


I have to admit I was a bit mortified and scared to try Kelp Noodles that were in the Alfredo.  I LOVED THEM!  I even bought a package from Deb after class because Whole Foods does not currently carry them....they should!! 

If you are interested in Raw Food and are in Oakland County (or willing to drive) you should check out one of Deb's future classes.  I know I am definitely going to be attending more of hers as much as my schedule allows!

There are two ways to get to her website.  Well actually three.
1.  Click on the Title link of this blog post.  It should take you there unless I wrote it wrong.
2.  Incase I did write it wrong, you can go to http://www.yournourishedbody.com/
3.  She has a second domain name that will take you to the site by going to http://www.rawfoodteacher.com

Deb, by chance if you are reading this, THANK YOU FOR A WONDERFUL EXPERIANCE!

Sincerely,
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails