Tuesday, January 15, 2013

House Update - Invasion

Please take note.

If you value your health, currently stay away from our home...we have been invaded by the "super" flu going around.

This is the first day I am able to even attempt to sit at a computer without my trusty bucket...so that should tell you what kind of week we have been having.

It first started off with the oldest boy coming home on Wednesday and saying he was not feeling well.  From 7pm to around 4am the following morning, every half hour he was sick.  I just had my Benlysta Infusion so hubby braved it out with the boy not getting any sleep for himself knowing that I should not be around our boy.  

Next on the list was the baby....he began by waking up in the middle of Friday night, sheets covered and screaming....we cleaned him, sprayed his matress with lysol and flipped it (its a futon so able to dry while being flipped) put new sheets on it.  Once again daddy was the brave knight in shinning armor.  He stayed up with baby with little to no sleep. 

Saturday night, the super flu took me as a victim.  I won't go into much detail but it has not been pretty.  With the boys as it seemed to be a 24 hour virus, its more of a 5 day affair for me.  Last time I got sick was during the course of last night so I am not out of the woods yet.  I have lost 9 pounds, not exactly the way I wish to lose weight.

Poor daddy is feeling the bunt of all his good deeds...he is sick as well.  We attempt to rotate taking care of the children's needs besides trying to take care of each other as well. 

I wish there was someone with super immune strength that we could hire and take care of all of us...but since I know there won't be any takers, it may be quite quiet around here for a while.

Hoping you don't get the flu!

Sincerely,
Crystal T.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that sucks. The stomach flu has been going around here as well - one of my colleagues even ended up in hospital. Last night I was not feeling too well, but I took my grandfather's advice and downed a shot of a certain herb schnaps, and now my stomach is as good as new. Hopefully it will stay that way.

    Get well soon, you and your little family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Diandra, much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to share your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails