Friday, January 13, 2012

A is for Apple

Week 2 for the Pagan Blog Project




This second week we continue with the letter A. This post will continue about food after many emails and instant messages about how much they enjoyed my previous post "A is for Asparagus". So whenever possible I will write every week about the gifts from Gaia's Bounty if I am able to do so.

This week is about the Apple.

I believe its food from the Goddess, why?  Whenever you cut it on its horizontal, a five pointed star is revealed.  From my research, I have found that different people believe different things.  Here is a general list of those results for correspondence.

Magical Properties:  Knowledge, Fertility, Healing, Love, Lust, and Passion
Element: Earth and Water
Ruled By: the planet Venus
Diety: Venus, Rhiannon, Cailleach, Demeter, Hera, Pomona, Frigga, Freya, Olwen, Apollo, Athena, Aphrodite, Diana, Zeus
Holidays:  Diana's Festival in August, Mabon, Feast of Apples during Samhain
Mystical Realm: Elves and Fairies have apples apart of their diet.

The Apple tree may be referred to as the "Silver Bough", "Silver Branch", and "Tree of Love".

One of my favorite articles was written over ten years ago.  It is still available online and I suggest you go and read it if you wish for further information.

--------------------------------------------------
http://www.whitedragon.org.uk/articles/apple.htm
The Wisdom of the Apple Tree
by Glennie Kindred
Published Lughnasa 1997
-------------------------------------------------- 
This "Recipe/Spell" based off the old saying "An apple a day, keeps the doctor away".  Also when I am not feeling good, I like to drink this often.  Its one of those foods that can help not only nourish you when your sick by keeping you hydrated in the form of a hot mug of Apple Cider during the colder months but can keep you cool during the summer as well if you pour it over ice.
Spiced Apple Cider for Healing
by Crystal LunaRouge

"Goddess bless this apple cider,
So I don’t have to go to my health care provider,
Sweetened with Honey,
I can save my money,
Spiced with my favorites plus a Cinnamon Stick,
Keep me from getting sick."


The Recipe:
(1) Cup Apple Cider
(1) Tbs of Honey, Maple Syrup, or Agave (which ever one you choose)
(1) small piece of Cinnamon Stick (you can also use a longer cinnamon stick as a stirrer if you choose)
(1) Whole Clove
(1) Allspice Berry
Small piece of cheese cloth, or tea infusion spoon or other device.
A few strips of Orange Peel (optional)

Warm cider over low to medium heat with sweetner stove in a small pan.  Place spices into cheesecloth or infusion teaspoon.  Place the spice into the pot and continue to simmer cider on medium heat for 5 mintues until just point of boiling. (During this time, repeat the above chant until you feel the cider is infused with your intent and motivation to stay healthy.)  Remove from heat and pour into your favorite mug.




   

5 comments:

  1. Crystal - I like to put cloves into an orange for this recipe and allow the orange to float in the heating cider.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds good, I will have to try it next time, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you are having a theme of sorts to your PBP posts! I think its wonderful and gives your readers something to look forward to!

    Blessings,
    Kourtney

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great apple charm! I,too, feel that apples are sacred and use them for offerings.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to share your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails