Sunday, October 23, 2011

Samhain Slumber Party

Well this past weekend was Women of the Willow's annual Samhain Slumber Party weekend.

Every year for the past few years, we have gathered at one of our houses for a weekend of fun usually around Samhain.  I have been lucky enough the ladies have allowed me to have it at my place for the past few years.  (Mental note, Willowrose if you are reading this, we actually have been doing it since at least 2008, that one was at your house and think it was our first weekender so you started the tradition sweetie! LOL) 

Anyways, I am tired.  We had a ton of fun.  Emerald, Willowrose, Ravenswood, and myself started out the weekend with Friday night dinner.  The guys ate pizza while we feasted on an asian inspired salad made by Ravenswood as well as a few side orders from our favorite Chinese restaurant that delivers.

We had many projects and alot of fun.  We talked about the past, the present and the future.  We are excited about voting in a new member who will serve as our Maiden for the Coven.  With this turn of the wheel, we close the chapter of the past year and look forward into the future. 

I just realized that I did not take a single photo this past weekend.  I don't think anyone did.  It's probably for the best since some of us were in our pjs all weekend.  (I still want those pants that Ravenswood was wearing! I need to find out if she made them or purchased them!)

I look forward to this next turn of the wheel, Samhain is upon us and the veil is getting thinner I can feel it.  I look at my old photos of those that have passed (family, friends, and mentors) and think about what they have contributed to my life and thank each and everyone of them for it.

The boys are gearing up for trick or treating, and its a Star Wars theme.  I only have photos of Lancer and Shaunessy, "Hunter" is not allowing any photos until the big day.  He is even excited about dressing up and taking the boys out that night!


1 comment:

Please feel free to share your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails