Tuesday, April 24, 2012

China Rose Tea

A while back I purchased several loose teas from a tea party that my friend T.S. hosted.  There I fell in love with one of the teas.  Not inspired to pay the price for such a small amount of tea (it was close to $10 per ounce) I decided to attempt to come up with my own version of the blend.  It couldn't be hard after all.  The main ingridients were black loose leaf tea and rose petals.



Put the kettle on....




Put the mason jar upon my favorite trivet to imbune my magical intent....



When the water is hot, pour into the mason jar with the herbs...


Cover and let the herbs and intent infuse the brew...


I like to let my brews steep for a minimum of ten mintues.  I drink more infusions (which I let steep overnight) but this one is just a tea.  After steeping I strain it into another jar or mug to drink.  Since I made a big jar, I needed another jar for its straining...




Then you can either drink it hot or pour it over ice and enjoy it cold.  I have to experiment a bit more.  The original was a bit sweeter.  So I don't know if there was any stevia in it.  I do have alot of Stevia so I will be experimenting with it some more. 

I hope you enjoyed a cup of tea today.

Sincerely,
Crystal

1 comment:

Please feel free to share your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails