Monday, January 7, 2013

Monday Meal Plan

Some may notice that the topics I will be blogging about have changed. 
I will start to slowly phase out some of the older labels in attempt of streamlining the label categories.

So today is Monday's Meal Plan.  Tomorrow I will be going to the hospital for my monthly infusion of Benlysta.  I am so looking forward to it.  Because of the holidays I am a week later than normal and my body can tell the difference.  I am starting to feel worse and worse each day.  So tomorrow you will notice that I am primarly will be focusing on liquids for myself for the next few days.  This is something normal for me as I have learned from the past, eating on days I get my infusion plus the day or two after, I throw up alot to be frank.  It just hurts less if it happens with liquid instead of solid foods.   I also have noticed when I juice or soup, the throwing up tends to be alot less.

Anyway, sorry to gross you out.  If you are still reading here is what the boys will be eating.  I will try to add photos later if I can figure out how to upload them from my ipod.  My ipod and computer don't seem to like one another.  That is what I get for using a dinosaur computer.

General rule in my home is that you have to try one of the two meals (mom's or dad's) then if you don't like it, you can have an alternative but you have to wait until we are done eating because you don't want to eat what I have cooked.

Monday:
(Chili for all of us) 
Boys = Venision with red kidney beans for the guys topped with cheddar cheese and frito chips (aka Frito Pie)
Me = Vegetarian Version I have made in the past and was lucky enough to have a container left over in the freezer.

Tuesday:
Boys = Spaghetti, Hamburger Helper, or Tacos (whatever the DH decides, he has a pound of ground beef waiting for him in the fridge defrosting for tomorrow).
Me = Miso Soup

Wednesday:
Boys = Pork Chops in the slow cooker (I tend to use the slowcooker alot during infusion week.)
Me = Soup or juice with saltines

Thursday:
Boys = Chicken Rice-n-Gravy
Note: Rice n Gravy is a Cajun term used for a meat browned in a pot and deglazed to make its own gravy with the use of green bellpepper, white onion, and seasoning.  It it then served over a bed of hot steamed white rice. 
Me = depending on how I feel that day it may be either Miso Soup with a scoop of rice, or I just might try a bowl of rice with the gravy.  (The doc ok'd me to start eating meat again, so I am trying to take things slowly.  That first week I was so excited that I ate alot of different meats and then spent three days in bed in pain.)

Friday:
Pizza night (either frozen pizzas or carryout pending DH's mood)

Saturday:
Leftover buffet from the week

Sunday:
Spaghetti because DH needs leftovers for work the next day.


Lunches: 
DH usually has either leftovers from the previous night or a sandwich everyday Monday to Friday.  Oldest either eats sandwiches or school menu.  Baby eats alot by stealing salad and veggies from Moma's bowl.  Baby refuses to eat from his own plate unless its something he really likes and/or Moma decides to eat in peace when he's napping.

Breakfast is generally cereal with milk, grits with butter and cheese, oatmeal, or granola bars.

Snacks range from whatever fruit in the fridge (apples, oranges, grapes, or strawberries), carrot or celery sticks with Ranch dressing, granola bars, and the occassional cookies that seem to have currently bombarded our pantry thanks to Christmas. 

If you are wondering, yes I allow our children to eat candy.  As long as they keep getting rave reviews from their dentist, I won't take that treat away.  Baby is learning the hard way that just because Leia (our dog) gets various "treats" during the day does not mean he gets a candy every single time.  LOL

Hope you enjoy this post.  What is for dinner on your table this week?  I am always looking for new recipes to try out and get the kids eating healthier.

Blessed Be,
Crystal T.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails