Monday, October 1, 2012

Meatless Monday - Hot n Sour Soup

How about that?  TWO posts on Meatless Monday!  
Dinner tonight for me. 


This recipe comes from one of my favorite cookbooks.  If you don't have it, you should look into adding it into your library.  It's on page 58.


Here is the final result.


For the record, I left out the scallions and the peas because I simply did not have them.

Next time I want to try it with fresh Shitake Mushroom over the dried.  I think its just a personal texture thing with fresh versus dried.  Overall still good.  Lancer said it smelled good when he got home from school but was not brave to try it.  I want to try it with other vegetables next time, just don't know which ones yet.
Maybe a bit of shredded carrot, white onion and tofu next time. Maybe a mixture of mushrooms as well.  I am not a big Seitan fan but wanted to try it out.

I love her book and if you like it as well, check out Robin's website by clicking HERE.

Sincerely,
Crystal T.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails