Friday, September 28, 2012

Pagan Blog Post - I want to be a Traiteur

Now did you read that right?  I spelled T-R-A-I-T-E-U-R.  not  T-R-A-I-T-O-R.

Traiteur is a Cajun word that means "treater".  Some would probably be more familiar with the word "healer".  It is a system/tradition of healing that is not highly publicized.  Maybe because most common folks would see a traiteur and instantly think about faith healers.  Some people believe and some do not.  Majority of the people I personally know (non-Pagan) do not believe in the power of healing by touch or spirit.

I have always wanted to be a healer.  Mostly I practice upon myself and those close to me.  It has mostly been simple things such as toothache, headache, muscle cramps, stomach ache, etc.  My research has expanded into what the normal world would label as "Alternative" Healing.  I am ok with being "Alternative"  when the mundane world's approach doesn't work, I do look for alternate ways to heal myself and make myself better.

As most of you who read my blog regularly know, I have kidney disease and now Lupus.  When we had no clue about the Lupus, my doctor and I were at lengths trying to keep me off of dialysis.  So far to date, with his help as well as my own, we have succeeded.  For those that know what a creatinine level is what known to be the reliable factor in measuring the kidneys function.  A normal woman would have anywhere from 0.5 to 1.1 milligrams per deciliter.  When I was first diagnosed my levels were at 12.2 Grams so in the same measurement it was at 12,200 milligrams which is high. My doctor prescribed various medications and after months of his treatment the number only lowered to around 9 grams (9,000 mg).  I began my research, there was something I could to do help heal myself.

I began my research with Crystal Healing, Reflexology, Aromatherapy, as well as began to study a form of  healing called Chios Healing Energy.  Its very similar to Reiki to me.  I am still learning about it as well as Reiki itself .  I also have been cleansing and aligning my Chakras as well.  My main focus primarily has been about Touch and Nourishment.

If you research Traiteur yourself, you will find they are a majority of Christian based healers.  To date, I have not found another Pagan (besides myself) labeling themselves as a Traiteur and I use the term very loosely as I still have a problem seeing myself as one.  My main practice has been on myself only and will most likely be that way for some time in the distant future.  I plan to create my own system based off of my spirituality of being a daughter and priestess of the Goddess.  I will include all forms of healing I can possibly learn and want to use every source I possibly can to defeat my illness.  Whether its magically supported or medically supported I believe combing the magic and the mundane in healing can yield great results.  

I can remember vaguely instances where my grandmother would heal me.  I have memories of not feeling well and she would pick me up, sit in her chair and rock me.  She would put her palm on my forehead and also sing to me in Cajun French.  The pain would always go away after a few minutes of being with her.  I think she had the gift though she probably would never fess up to it because she was very humble.  I can remember the smell of the food from her kitchen and even on my most nauseous of days, would want to get out of bed and eat what she cooked  specifically her catfish coubillion which is a spicy fish stew.  I want to utilize whatever healing traits I can find within my being to serve myself, my family, my friends and my community.  I want to be like my grandmother.

So yeah I want to be a Traiteur.  I am going to be a Goddess Traiteur.

Blessed Be,
Crystal T.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails