Monday, August 6, 2012

Preparing for Cooler Months - Menu Planning

I know its only just barely into August, but this is the time when I begin my yearly DEEP cleaning up until snow hits the ground.  I will be opening up the windows as much as possible to let the fresh air in and the old out.  I will also begin to dwindle my pantry to use what goods are in it now so that nothing expires and goes to waste. 

One of the things I like to do is to prepare a monthly menu so it takes the hassle out of planning and preparing meals in the last minute and not having all the items I need to make the meal I plan to.
With the colder months coming one thing I look forward to each and every year is utilizing my slow cooker. 

Last year when I began the shift going Vegetarian, one of the first books I picked up was this one.



So I decided to try one of the soup recipes....

Potatoes

Corn

Yellow pepper

Diced Tomato

Salt and Pepper to taste

I used the whole box, but think it only called for a few cups.

Green onion on top.


I really liked this soup.  Think next time I will take out the yellow pepper.  The one I used seemed to be really spicy instead of sweet.  There was so much soup left over that I decided to blend it and put it into the containers that I normally use for my Gumbo when my sister or mother make it for me.  They freeze into single servings for later use. 

I plan to make more recipes from this in the future this fall...Its going to be one of my go to books this year.

Blessed Be,
Crystal T.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails