Thursday, May 10, 2012

Thankful Thursday, Convocation 2013 & Ellen Dugan

Today I am thankful that it is the birthday of my maternal grandmother Sophie!  She would have been 99 years old today if she were still among the living.  She does still live in my heart and know she is with me in Spirit.  Especially whenever I am cooking a meal for my family.  I feel close to  her!  Many of my memories are focused around food as she passed when I was a young child.

They include:

The smells of her making Fig Jam from the fruits from the tree in your yard.
The smells and tastes of her Catfish Coubillion (Red Fish Stew if you will)
The sound of her voice speaking in Cajun French because she knew very little English.
The old metal fan that would sit in her living room on the hot summer days.
The rag doll she gave me with blue hair that I named Priscilla after Elvis's wife...(I was a fan of Elvis and Dallas even as a young child).
Her rocking me on her lap singing to me to try to get me to fall asleep, and it was also in French.
Her beautiful white hair....it was so white it had the blue sheen to it!  How I wished I would be blessed with her hair.  (I think my sister was but she won't quit dying her hair to find out. LOL Love you sis!)


Today I am also thankful for a little bit of news I learned about via Facebook!

Ellen Dugan (one of my fav authors) posted she will be at Convocation 2013!

I am so stoked about this.  Ellen is among my top favorites in regards to the craft and herbs. 

So because of this news, please be aware that I will NOT be submitting any workshops for next year.  I will be taking the year off to ensure the opportunity to take Ellen's classes as well as have the opportunity to enjoy other classes I have been scheduled with at similar times like the Drumming workshops with Alex.  He is a wonderful teacher but I never get to take his classes because our workshops have been at the same time.  I have been able to take only one of his in the past 5 years. 

Many thanks to everyone that has supported me in the past with my workshops!  I am not stopping, just taking one year off.  Besides I should focus on developing some new classes to submit and focus on my book "A Pagan Pregnancy" and keep working on my next book "Gaia's Bounty" which focuses on finding the Magic in your Meals!

I can't wait to see who else is confirmed to be the Guest Presenters at Convocation next year!

Those I listed on my Wish List to the Programming Committee last April included:

Ellen Dugan - Confirmed!!!!
Mickie Mueller
M. Flora Peterson aka Charming Pixie Flora on YouTube
Susun Weed
Corrina Woods of Red Moon Herbs and also Earthaven Ecovillage
Crystal Blanton

In the past as well I have asked for many many people!  I would love for them to bring Nora Cedarwind Back, I miss my sister!  She has been very busy with the birth of a new grandchild and has alot of things going on right now....Nora if you are reading this, miss you my sister!  I think of you often and will be putting a little something special in the mail for you soon!

Yeah I realize that four of them have a direct relation to plants but with next year's theme being the Sun, should it be a year to celebrate all that grows in its light? LOL

So I am thankful today that I will get the opportunity to learn from someone I hold in high regard.

If you attend Convocation and want to see someone specific, start sending in your wish list to their programming committee.  Also every year they have Feedback forms that you can fill out as well on who you would like to see at future events.  If you don't request the person you want to see, how will they know? 

Thank you MEC for booking Ellen Dugan as a Guest Presenter at next years event!  Thank you for all the hard work you put into booking the best speakers each and every year!  Thank you for everything you do!  See you next year!

Sincerely,
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails